The Orange County Departament of Education (OCDE)
in Partnership with EdCaliber Presents
OCDE ELD Connections in Lessoneer
3 years in the making, OCDE has developed supplemental content that complements
the CA ELD Standards and supports teachers in the planning and implementation of
a viable and language-rich curriculum for both content area and language instruction.
Free OCDE ELD Connections Overview Webinar
In this webinar you will learn to:
- Develop a better understanding of Integrated and Designated ELD Lesson Planning
- Understand differentiation of Instruction using the OCDE ELD Connection Tool
- Explore how the CA ELD Standards support content area curricula
Increase Teacher Effectiveness
- ELD Connections facilitates differentiated instruction, scaffolding, and the integration of language and content.
- ELD Connections consists of sentence frames that are leveled by Proficiency Level Descriptor (PLD) and Bloom’s Revised Taxonomy for each of the K-5 ELD standards.
- Success criteria and learning goals are also provided for each ELD Standard.
Save Your Teachers Time
- English Language Development Connections facilitates the design process of integrated and designated lessons via the use of corresponding lesson plan templates that allow educators to incorporate the essential elements of both ELD designs.
- The tool maintains the integrity of the CA ELD Standards, retaining the formatting, numeration, and color-coding that teachers are already familiar with.
- To help teachers access and unpack the numerous language standards, they are provided with guiding questions that capture the essence of each standard.
Save Your District Money
- This proactive approach to instruction saves districts and schools from creating Tier II, and possibly Tier III, intervention classes where language instruction is potentially simplified.
- Language instruction is amplified by all content area teachers, which paves the way for best-first and/or Tier I instruction.
Your ELD instruction will be better tomorrowVIEW A RECORDING OF THE OCDE WEBINAR SIGN ME UP FOR A DEMO