Last Updated: May 1, 2015
Welcome to the web site and online services (the “EdCaliber Site”) provided by EdCaliber, which is owned and operated by Performio Solutions, Inc. (“EdCaliber”). EdCaliber values the privacy of our members and others who visit and use the EdCaliber Site (individually, “You” or collectively, “Users”). We take your privacy seriously and make it a priority to protect personally identifiable information that we obtain from and about individuals both online and off-line.
The Information EdCaliber Collects
When you register as a member of the EdCaliber Site, you may provide to EdCaliber what is generally called “personally identifiable” information (such as your name, password, gender, email address, postal mailing address, home/mobile telephone number). From time to time, EdCaliber may also ask you optionally to provide other information. If you choose to provide such information, during registration or otherwise, you are giving EdCaliber the permission to use and store it consistent with this policy. Therefore, please understand that when you sign in with EdCaliber, you are not anonymous to us.
Third Party Analytics
Information from Other Sources
The Way EdCaliber Uses Information
- EdCaliber collects personally identifiable information when you register as a member in order to establish and enhance our relationship with you. EdCaliber generally uses the information you provide or that we collect to operate, maintain, enhance, and provide all of the features and services found on the EdCaliber Site. If you have given EdCaliber consent, we may use your personally identifiable information to provide you with information about EdCaliber’s features, services and other offerings that may be of interest to you. We may also send information or offers to groups of users on behalf of other businesses. Under certain circumstances (for example if you win a contest) we may post your personally identifiable information on the EdCaliber Site. However, we will notify you of this possibility when collecting personally identifiable information or we will obtain your consent. We may share your personally identifiable information with certain other websites that we link to (and that you click upon) in order to enhance your experience in connection with the EdCaliber Site.
- EdCaliber uses all of the information that we collect from Users to understand and analyze the usage trends and preferences of our Users, to improve the way the EdCaliber Site works and looks, and to create new features and functionality.
- EdCaliber may use “cookies” information to: (a) remember your information so that you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the EdCaliber Site; (b) provide customized third-party advertisements, content, and information; (c) monitor the effectiveness of third-party marketing campaigns; (d) monitor aggregate site usage metrics such as total number of visitors and pages viewed; and (e) track your entries, submissions, and status in any promotions or other activities.
- If you have registered as a member and given EdCaliber consent, we may share your personally identifiable information with advertisers, business partners, and other entities that are not affiliated with EdCaliber who would like to send you information about their products and services. We do not share personally identifiable information with other third-party organizations for their marketing or promotional use without your consent or except as part of a specific program or feature for which you will have the ability to opt-in.
- EdCaliber’s employees, agents and contractors must have a legitimate business reason to obtain access to the personally identifiable information you may provide to register as a member of EdCaliber. We may share your personally identifiable information with companies that provide services to us, including outside contractors or agents who help us manage our information activities (for example, contest and sweepstakes administration), but they may only use your personally identifiable information to provide us with a specific service and not for any other purpose.
When EdCaliber Discloses Information
- EdCaliber discloses automatically collected and other aggregate non-personally-identifiable information with interested third parties to assist such parties in understanding the usage, viewing, and demographic patterns for certain programs, content, services, advertisements, promotions, and/or functionality on the EdCaliber Site.
- EdCaliber may also disclose User information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases, we may make such disclosures without first providing notice to Users.
- EdCaliber also reserves the right to disclose User information that we believe, in good faith, is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect EdCaliber from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the EdCaliber Site; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of EdCaliber, our Users, or others.
- In the event that EdCaliber is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from Users as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
You may, of course, decline to share your personally-identifiable information with EdCaliber, in which case EdCaliber will not be able to provide to you some of the features and functionality found on the EdCaliber Site. If you register as a member of EdCaliber, you may update, correct, or delete your profile information and preferences at any time by going to your account settings page.
To protect your privacy and security, we take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you account access or making corrections to your information. You are responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your unique password and account information at all times.
Third-Party Advertisers, Links to Other Sites:
Our Commitment to Children’s Privacy
Protecting the privacy of young children is especially important. For that reason, EdCaliber does not knowingly collect or maintain personally identifiable information on the EdCaliber Site from persons under 13 years-of-age. If EdCaliber learns that personally-identifiable information of persons less than 13-years-of-age has been collected on EdCaliber without verifiable parental consent, then EdCaliber will take the appropriate steps to delete this information. If you are a parent or guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has obtained a EdCaliber Site account, then you may alert EdCaliber at email@example.com and request that EdCaliber delete that child’s personal information from its systems.
Our Commitment to Data Security
EdCaliber uses commercially reasonable physical, managerial, and technical safeguards to preserve the integrity and security of your personal information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to EdCaliber, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, EdCaliber makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical, or managerial safeguards.
If EdCaliber learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. EdCaliber may post a notice on the EdCaliber Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
The EdCaliber Site is hosted in the United States and is intended solely for visitors located within the United States. If you nonetheless choose to use the EdCaliber Site from the European Union or other regions of the world with laws governing data collection and use that may differ from U.S. law, then please note that you are transferring your personally identifiable information outside of those regions to the United States and by providing your personally identifiable information on the EdCaliber Site you consent to that transfer.
EdCaliber Contact Information